To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker Winterbourne, Bristol (Watleys End Road)
121 Watleys End Road
£8.66 per hour
Job Ref: EG12
£8.47 per hour + excellent benefits
Exciting Posts Available at 30 - 37.5 hours per week
The people living at Watleys End Rd are looking to recruit staff to join their established team of Support Workers. The home provides a 24 hour service that supports 14 adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs.
Situated in Winterbourne the home is easily commutable from Bradley Stoke, Downend, Mangotsfield and Yate.
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and hardworking Support Workers to join our friendly team. You will be involved in supporting residents to engage in a range of activities both inside & outside of the home as well as meeting their personal care, nutritional and social needs.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Be educated to GCSE Level A-C or equivalent in Maths and English or ability to pass numeracy and literacy.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is a requirement that staff are able to drive and are expected to drive the house vehicles.
You will also be required to communicate with other professionals and organisations whilst always respecting the person’s privacy, dignity and individual choice.
We provide a 24 hour, 7 day per week service, so staff are expected to work a variety of hours, which may include early, late, twilights, bank holiday and weekends.
Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is a requirement that staff are able to drive and are expected to drive the house vehicles so a full driving licence is essential.
Shifts are as follows:
7:00 to 14:30
1:30 to 21:00
21:00 to 07:00
In return for your commitment, as well as competitive pay, we offer:
- 22 (rising to 26) days annual leave each year (pro rota)
- Free membership to our Health Cash Plan worth over £1,000 a year
- Full training and induction, including Diploma opportunities
- Company pension
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme and Childcare vouchers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational sick pay
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Richard Sanders, Home Manager, on 01454 250232.
To apply, please complete the application form below.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (formerly CRB).
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
13 September 2018