CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker/Carer Fishponds, Bristol, (Graeme Close)
£7.93 per hour
Job Ref: SK513
2 x 37.5 hours per week (Flexible over 5 days. 07:00-14:30.09:00-16:30,13:30-21:00,20:45-07:15)
Graeme Close is a 16 bedded Residential Recovery Pathway Service that is well integrated within the Fishponds community. We support people with a wide range of mental health and dementia needs. We are seeking to appoint two individuals to work in a supervised capacity within our recovery mental health service. You will be expected to have person centred values and be able to demonstrate them with our client group. Good communication skills are essential as well as developing an understanding of support planning and risk assessment. Previous experience of supporting people with mental health difficulties is desirable but not essential.
• Continuing personal and professional development is important as you will be required to work as part of a committed team and take part in a training and development schedule.
• You will need to be flexible with the shifts you can work which include some waking nights.
• You must be able to deliver quality care and support ensuring the residents’ needs and recovery are met, excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills are crucial.
• Flexible, motivated, innovative, creative, enthusiastic, committed to delivering a high quality service which places the residents at the heart of the practice
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a large team
• IT skills
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Elva Bennett, on 01179652696
To apply for this position (please visit our dedicated recruitment website and complete an application form/please complete the application form below)
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
19 January 2018