CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker/Carer - St.George (Elysian Villas)
£8.47 per hour
Job Ref: SC/117
£8.47 per hour + excellent benefits
37.5 hours per week, part-time considered. Shifts are: early 7:00-14:00 late 14:00-21:00 and waking night 21:00-7:00
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Elysian Villas, St.George, Bristol with a basic of £8.47 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Elysian Villas is a 12 bedded service which is split into three separate homes, providing 24-hour support from a team of specialised, experienced staff.
We support individuals who have complex behavioral needs, if you like to make a difference to people’s lives and work in a challenging but rewarding environment then Elysian Villas is the place for you.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & private health care scheme (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Be educated to GCSE Level A-C or equivalent in Maths and English or ability to pass numeracy and literacy.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
Closing date: 28 June 2018 – Apply now! Or contact Janet Paginton on email@example.com or on 01179 619977 if you have further questions.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (formerly CRB).
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all
28 June 2018