CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker/Carer - Little Stoke, Bristol (FB)
£8.66 per hour
Job Ref: EG41
37.5 hours per week (part time hours considered)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust!
We are not-for-profit charitable organisation offering safe, person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Fairburn is a short breaks service which provides care and support to people with learning and physical disability. Our service operates on 24/7 basis and offers planned and emergency person centred breaks for varying lengths of time
The people who use our short breaks service are looking to recruit unsupervised support worker to join a very established team.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have ability to work without supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Have a willingness to embrace the challenge head-on, try new things and be creative
- Are patient, kind and respectful to build relationship with people who use our service, their families, carers, teams and departments
- Have good communication skills and are able to encourage and support service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles
- Able to prioritise and have an effective time management skills
- Able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated
- Have a valid driving licence and are able to drive the home minibus
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days` holidays and 8 days` bank holiday entitlement
- Employer funded health benefit plan (BHSF)
- Company pension
- Full training and induction including Diploma opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme and Childcare vouchers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Arek Soltysiak, Home Manager, on 0117 9311069
To apply for this position please complete the application form below.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
16 November 2018