To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker/Carer - Little Stoke, Bristol (FB)
£8.79 per hour
Job Ref: EG41
Full Time Hours: 37.5 hours per week (part time considered – can offer flexibility on shift patterns)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Fairburn, Little Stoke, Bristol with a basic of £8.79 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Fairburn is a short breaks service which provides care and support to people with learning and physical disability. Our service operates on 24/7 basis and offers planned and emergency person centred breaks for varying lengths of time.
Working in a respite service can be incredibly rewarding and can offer many benefits. Our respite service offers work in a changing and diverse environment; every day we work with different groups of people with different needs, assuring each day is different, providing new experiences and challenges.
We are looking for a Support Worker who is keen to join a professional and enjoyable staff team, where there is a good work-life balance and ensuring the continual support to our service users is given in a friendly and person centred way.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
- Preferable to have a valid driving license and are able to drive the home minibus
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Arek Soltysiak, Home Manager, on 01179311069
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB). A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all
31 January 2019