CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Weston Super Mare (WL)
£8.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW16
Full Time Hours : 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Unsupervised Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Wyvern Lodge, Drove Road with a basic of £8.66 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Wyvern Lodge is a Weston-Super-Mare property that offers skilled care services to eight people with mental health needs, aiming to provide a service that respects the personal freedoms of residents while supporting them in achieving as active and community-involved lifestyle as they feel comfortable with.
The service is based upon active rehabilitation, incorporating programmes that are focused upon improving the community skills of residents.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
- We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
Shifts are as follows:
- 7:00 to 14:30
- 13:30 to 20:30
- Staff are also expected to undertake "sleep-in" and "waking night" duties
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Be educated to GCSE Level A-C or equivalent in Maths and English or ability to pass numeracy and literacy.
- Be able to support people to meet their goals/aspirations in the community setting
- Be enthusiastic and committed to recovery values in order to achieve positive outcomes for people
- Have experience of supporting people in a community setting with on-going mental health difficulties
- Have the ability to work pro-actively and evidence creative thinking
- Have experience of using person centre strategies
- Have team working skills
- Be able to support people to develop social and life skills
- Work as part of a team, with direct supervision.
- Support people to maximize their independence and choice though daily living activities and lifestyle.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Karen Kimber, Home Manager on 01934 612416 to arrange an informal visit to the home.
To apply for the role please complete the below application form and send it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB).A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
16 November 2018