To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Dementia Registered Nurse Team Coordinator - Welcome Bonus of £1,500
Humphry Repton House, Brentry, Bristol
£31,844 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW18
Full Time Hours: 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Dementia Registered Nurse Team Coordinator to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Humphry Repton House, Brentry, Bristol with a basic of £31,844 per annum + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Humphry Repton House is a Nursing Home specialising in providing support to 45 Ladies and Gentlemen, all of whom have a diagnosis of moderate to advanced stage Dementia. We are ‘Home’ to those individuals, and as such, our person centred approach sets the foundations for the care and support we offer and provide. End of life care is an integral part of the service, and ensuring people have a comfortable, dignified and peaceful passing is essential.
In this role you will co-ordinate and manage a team of nurses to ensure the highest standards of nursing care is delivered to residents in a homely environment whilst maintaining independence and choice through a professional, flexible, high quality and personalised service.
The Team Leader post offers a great opportunity for someone who is self- motivated and committed to continue to improve the service.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As Registered Nurse Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that the people supported receive professional, individualised support, with a commitment to ensuring support delivered is forward-thinking, either through your own efforts or those of your team.
- To provide positive role modelling and team management (including e.g. sickness and performance management) to ensure that residents receive professional, individualised support, with a commitment to ensuring the support delivered is forward-thinking.
- To ensure that each resident has an up to date and agreed care plan which details interventions necessary, evaluating and reviewing care plans in line with policy.
- To take responsibility for the day to day management of the home or a part of the home when on duty, in line with Trust policies and procedures and in accordance with national best practice standards and relevant codes of conduct.
YOU: The successful Nurse Team Coordinator will:
- Hold a Registered Nursing qualification with current NMC registration
- Effective time management and work prioritisation skills and the ability to manage competing demands in a positive and proactive manner
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders including families and carers
- Previous experience of working with this client group as a RNLD/RNMH qualified nurse and able to demonstrate pro-active and creative thinking
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable and positively responsive to change
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Sara Cryer (Home Manager) on 01179 592255
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
To apply for this role please complete an application found below and email to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of the people we support and our staff. We expect the same commitment from all employees.
Milestones Trust is committed to equality and diversity for all
Registered Charity No. 294377.