To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Winterbourne (WER)
121 Watley's End Road - Winterbourne
£8.79 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: EG12
Full and Part Time Hours Available: 30 / 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at 121 Watleys End Road, Winterbourne, Bristol with a basic of £8.79 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
The people living at Watleys End Rd are looking to recruit staff to join their established team of Support Workers. The home provides a 24 hour service that supports 14 adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs.
Situated in Winterbourne the home is easily commutable from Bradley Stoke, Downend, Mangotsfield and Yate.
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and hardworking Support Workers to join our friendly team. You will be involved in supporting residents to engage in a range of activities both inside & outside of the home as well as meeting their personal care, nutritional and social needs.
We provide a 24 hour, 7 day per week service, so staff are expected to work a variety of hours, which may include early, late, twilights, bank holiday and weekends.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
Shifts are as follows:
- 7:00 to 14:30
- 1:30 to 21:00
- 21:00 to 07:00
As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Be educated to GCSE Level A-C or equivalent in Maths and English or ability to pass numeracy and literacy.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is a requirement that staff are able to drive and are expected to drive the house vehicles.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Richard Sanders, Home Manager, on 01454 250232.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.