CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Kingswood (MH)
Mortimer House - Kingswood
£8.42 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: SP466
Full time hours 37.5 per week, part time considered
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering safe, person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Mortimer House, Kingswood, Bristol with a basic of £16,472 pa + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal care in our residential services.
Mortimer House is a 27 bedded Nursing Home providing care for people with Learning Disabilities, people with dementia and people who have acquired a brain injury. We support individuals who are facing the challenges of growing older. We particularly support people who also have additional issues, such as; physical illness, particular conditions which require end of life care.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships, including intimate relationships and to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Josie Bolt, Home Manager on 01179619137 or alternatively to apply for this role, please complete the below application form and return it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.