CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Yate (MH)
Mayo House - Yate
£8.79 per hour + excellent benefits
Full Time Hours: 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Mayo House, Yate, South Glos with a basic of £8.79 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Mayo House is an exciting and innovative home with a well-trained and committed staff team. The team work with people with learning disabilities and complex mental health needs, in a person-centred and individual way.
We are looking for Support Workers to join the team; providing individualised packages of flexible support to individuals within their own flats in Mayo House. Staff should be committed to providing meaningful community involvement and share the values and principles of positive behavioural support.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
- Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is essential that staff are able to drive
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Robin Armstrong (Home Manager) on 01454 228 246
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB). A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all