To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Yate (CH)
The Chestnuts - Yate
£8.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: SP29
Full Time hours 37.5 per week (part time hours considered)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organization with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
The Chestnuts is a service in Yate located just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174), Chipping Sodbury is also just on our doorstep. The Chestnuts is located in a semi-rural environment with lovely countryside right on our doorstep, however we are only a 5-minute drive away from Yate shopping centre and our local amenities.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & private health care scheme (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
Here at The Chestnuts we provide support to six very different individuals who, on occasions, can find life challenging. The Chestnuts has three very distinct living areas to its layout:
- Meadow View: provides support to x4 men who share accommodation.
- Upper Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
- Lower Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
The shift patterns will include earlies (07:00-14:30), lates (13:30-21:00), mid shifts (10:00-17:30) and waking nights (20:45-07:15).
It is important for the people living at The Chestnuts to have support to access to their community to pursue their hobbies and to engage in activities of interest to them including shopping, swimming, social clubs, going out for lunch, bike riding and even working at a farm!
We are seeking to recruit someone who is enthusiastic, enjoys being with people and has a sense of fun.
Service users at The Chestnuts are involved in the running of the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day that day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at The Chestnuts pride themselves on providing individual support to service users and strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- Support with Personal care
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
For an informal discussion about the job role, please telephone Julia Reid, Home Manager, on 01454 227188.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377