To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Kingswood (2aCR)
2a Court Road - Kingswood
£8.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: SP12
Full Time Hours: 37.5 or 30 hours per week posts available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at 2a Court Road, Kingswood, South Glos with a basic of £8.66 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through person-centred care in our residential services.
2a Court Road provides support to 15 people with learning disabilities who, on occasions, can find life challenging. It is divided into 3 homes with 5 people living in each. We are here to support the residents as individuals and enable them to live the lives that they have chosen.
The shift patterns will include earlies (07:00-14:30), lates (14:00-21:30) and waking nights (21:00-07:15) as well as other variations of these times, worked flexibly to suit the needs of the people who live here.
We are looking for someone who wants to work in a fun loving, lively and dynamic team and has the ability to support people as individuals, be a good listener and communicator and be able to support each person in their home with personal care and every day household tasks and also in their wider community with their individual interests e.g. swimming, pubs, music sessions, cinema, shopping etc.
We are fully committed to each and every member of staff and aim to encourage all staff to fulfil their potential within the team, so we want to hear from you if you are a committed, passionate and a dedicated caring person wanting to make a difference to the lives of the people who live here.
Quote from a service user “I want my staff to friendly, caring and have a laugh with me”
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Ideally you will have some understanding of learning disabilities and autism and how this can impact on people’s lives and wellbeing, however this is not a necessity, as full training and support will be given.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Tracy Cunningham on 0117 9618737
Alternatively to apply for this role, please complete the below application form and return it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.