To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Warmley (LR)
London Road - Warmley
£8.79 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: SP484
Full Time Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Part time hours considered
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at London Road, with a basic of £8.79 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through a person centred approach to care in our residential services.
Byways 80-82 London Road is a lovely home to 8 adults with moderate to severe learning disabilities. The home is part of Milestones Trust, a large charity based in the Bristol area.
Our clients are looking for “happy”, reliable, understanding and patient support workers.
The successful candidate will be flexible and confident; carrying out day-to-day tasks within the home and assisting residents in the community (a driver confident with manual gears is essential). No experience is required for the right person centred positive thinker, with a ‘can do’ attitude. Some service users have increasing physical needs requiring hoisting, pushing wheelchairs and help with all aspects of care.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction with excellent learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with service users, team members, and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature
- Experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- There is a house vehicle available in order to access activities within the local community, therefore it is essential that staff hold a full driving license
- Sleep-ins are a requirement of the role
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Mark Henry, Home Manager, on 01179 612 426.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.