To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant, Brentry (HRH)
Humphry Repton House - Brentry
£8.42 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: SP455
Full time and part time hours avaliable
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Humphry Repton House, Brentry, Bristol with a basic of £8.42 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Humphry Repton House is a Nursing Home specialising in providing support to 45 Ladies and Gentlemen, all of whom have a diagnosis of moderate to advanced stage Dementia. We are ‘Home’ to those individuals, and as such, our person centred approach sets the foundations for the care and support we offer and provide. End of life care is an integral part of the service, and ensuring people have a comfortable, dignified and peaceful passing is essential.
Experience is not essential, as we will support you with the learning you require to fulfil your role.
You will join a large team, all of whom support the Ladies and Gentlemen to live a quality life on a moment by moment basis. We take time to know the Service Users well, their likes and dislikes, preferences, and very importantly, their family and friends.
If you feel you would like to be part of this, we would love to hear from you!
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication.
If you would like to talk to us about the role or visit the home before applying, please contact Sara Cryer, Home Manager on 01179 592 255.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377