To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Almondsbury (CD)
Crantock Drive - Almondsbury
£8.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: JP426
Full Time Hours 37.5 per week, part time considered
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Crantock Drive, Almondsbury, Bristol with a basic of £8.66 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
58 Crantock Drive is a lovely home to 8 ladies with mild to moderate learning disabilities. The home is part of Milestones Trust a large charity based in the Bristol area.
Our ladies are looking for “happy”, reliable, understanding and patient support workers.
Some service users have increasing physical needs requiring hoisting, pushing wheelchairs and help with all aspects of care.
What our service users say about the successful candidate – “Someone to take us to the pub” –MB, “Someone that will help with my running” – LC.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Tina Locke-Harris, Home Manager on 01454 614941
Alternatively, to apply for this role, please complete the below application form and return it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377