To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant- Brislington (RH)
The Recovery Hub - Brislington
£8.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: SL47
Full Time Hours: 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at The Recovery Hub, Brislington, Bristol with a basic of £8.66 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Milestones Recovery Pathway specialises in mental health rehabilitation and recovery for people with enduring and complex mental health needs who need stable and safe support in residential 24 hour staffed and non-residential environments.
The Recovery Hub develops person centred and outcome focussed plans which are adapted to each individual’s specific mental health requirements. This ensures that care planning and reviews focus on enabling the factors that contribute towards positive wellbeing and mitigating the primary psychiatric symptoms or treatment resistant conditions that might lead to a relapse.
Our recovery approach is based on recovery values and ensures that our holistic care and support enables service users to have as independent, healthy and enjoyable live as possible.
The Recovery hub is looking for people who are knowledgeable, skilled and experienced and who understand the importance of focussing on hope, opportunity, strengths-based risk taking, privacy, dignity, physical health care and emotional support for each service user.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have good communication skills as well as an understanding of support planning and risk assessing combined with knowledge of legislation that informs the sector
- Have previous experience of supporting people with mental health difficulties; this is essential.
- Be flexible with the shifts you can work; which include sleep ins.
- Have good self-management and a positive attitude in order to develop supportive relationships with people.
- Have a level 2/3 mental health or social care qualification; this is desirable but not essential.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Phil Lewis, Home Manager on 01179 077219 to arrange an informal visit to the home.
Alternatively to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org