To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Winterbourne (FH)
Flaxpits House - Winterbourne
£8.79 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: SC343
37.5 hours per week, part-time applications are considered
**Female applicants only**
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Flaxpits House, Winterbourne, Bristol with a basic of £8.79 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Flaxpits House is a residential home for younger people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs.
We are located in the village Winterbourne just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174).
We are currently looking for Unsupervised Support Workers to join our team.
This busy home supports 10 people to live their lives as independently as possible.
Our skilled staff team are support individuals with personal care, cooking, activities, access in the community and developing independent living skills. Flaxpits House supports some individuals to move on to supported living and independent living services. We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic people to join our team.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication.
- Be able to drive House Vehicles - being a driver is essential requirement for this post.
Please contact Faz Holder (Acting Home Manager) on 01454 776191 for more information.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB). A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all
Registered Charity No. 294377