CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Fishponds (LR)
Lambrook Road - Fishponds
£8.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW21
37.5 hours per week (part time considered)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Lambrook Road, Fishponds, with a basic of £8.66 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Lambrook Road is a small, homely bungalow situated in Fishponds, close to local bars, restaurants and shops, where residents are supported in achieving an independent lifestyle and becoming involved in the local community. The home accommodates four residents, aged 61 to 77 some with learning disabilities and autism and some mental health needs
Service users at Lambrook Road are involved in every aspect of running the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day that day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at Lambrook Road pride themselves on providing individual support to service users. And strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & private health care scheme (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- Support with Personal care
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
- Be able to drive.
Apply now! Or contact Jeanette Gibson on 01179 655912 if you have further questions.
To apply, complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
23 November 2018