To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Assistant Team Leader (Fixed Term) *Supernumerary Role*- Split Services (LR/CV)
Court View and Lambrook Road
£21,484 per annum (pro rata for part time) + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW22
37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term contract for 6 months (Secondment opportunity available)
The role is 1 FTE Supernumerary
Milestones Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Team Leader to join Milestones Trust and work across two of our service, Court View and Lambrook Road.
Lambrook Road is a small, homely bungalow situated in Fishponds, close to local bars, restaurants and shops, where residents are supported in achieving an independent lifestyle and becoming involved in the local community. The home accommodates four residents, aged 61 to 77 with learning disabilities.
Service users at Lambrook Road are involved in every aspect of running the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day that day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at Lambrook Road pride themselves on providing individual support to service users. And strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
Court View is a small residential home that supports 4 individuals with learning disabilities and/or autism and mental health needs, with all aspects of day to day life. The bungalow is in the village of Pucklechurch and is close to local amenities and well connected by public transport.
The nature of this small service enables staff to form really close professional relationships with the service users and their families.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & private health care scheme (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As an Assistant Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support the Home Manager across two services
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
- Managing the day to day operation of shifts in the absence of the Home Manager
- Ensuring service users are provided support according to their care plans and risk assessments and that these are updated when needed
- Supervising support staff by monitoring performance, offering guidance and support and conducting regular supervision
- Administering, ordering and storing medication according to Trust policies and procedures
YOU: The successful Assistant Team Leader will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Driver will be desirable
Apply now! Or contact Jeanette Gibson on 01179 655912 if you have further questions.
To apply, please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
20 December 2018