CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Home Manager - Brislington, Bristol
£32,368 per annum
Job Ref: LW25
Tramways - Brislington, Bristol
£32,368 per annum + excellent benefits
37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Home Manager to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Job Type / Category
Tramways is a purpose-built residential care home that prides itself on its homely, warm environment. It offers a high standard of individualised care to people with mental health needs. Tramways is a residential recovery service in the Brislington area of Bristol supporting 14 people with mental health needs to maintain their well-being, maximize their independence and to integrate with their chosen communities through the development of person centred support packages.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic nurse to lead a large and diverse team as it evolves in response to changing service user needs and aspirations. You will be committed to enabling mental health recovery, demonstrating personal authenticity in your promotion of the values underpinning this. You will have strong leadership skills and be experienced in the effective management of change.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan worth up to £1,010 each year (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
YOU: The successful Home Manager will:
- RGN/RMN/RLD nursing qualified
- A good understanding of CQC requirements and the other legal responsibilities of the role
- Experience of developing and implementing person centred approaches
- Commitment to the promotion of service user involvement and inclusion
- Able to inspire, coach and lead staff
- Able to manage a budget effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work well under pressure
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Tony Swanborough (Area Manager) - 0117 9709371 or Beth Hendry (Assistant Director of Operations) – 0117 9709308.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
13 November 2018