CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Unsupervised Support Worker - Brislington (TW) - *Internal Only*
Tramways - Brislington
£8.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW27
Full time hours 37.5 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Tramways, Brislington, Bristol with a basic of £8.66 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Tramways is a purpose-built residential care home that prides itself on its homely, warm environment. It offers a high standard of individualised care to people with mental health needs. Tramways is a residential recovery service in the Brislington area of Bristol supporting 14 people with mental health needs to maintain their well-being, maximize their independence and to integrate with their chosen communities through the development of person centred support packages.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is flexible, has excellent communication skills and a positive approach to supporting people, someone who will work well as part of the established team; as well as some lone working, to continue to develop the service. Staff should be committed to providing meaningful community involvement and share the values and principles of positive behavioural support.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Be educated to GCSE Level A-C or equivalent in Maths and English or ability to pass numeracy and literacy.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Jacqui Harrison on 01173009637.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (formerly CRB). A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
15 November 2018