CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Registered Nurse Team Leader *Internal Only* (Stibbs)
£28,085 per annum + excellent benefits (pro rata for part time)
Job Ref: LW29
15 hours per week
Based at Stibbs House you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse Team Leader to join the team.
Stibbs house focuses on Respite Care which provides a break for the carer by providing a place for the person they look after for a short peroid of time. Stibbs house can provide respite care for up to 10 people at a time and emergency/unplanned breaks are also provided for in crisis situations- there are two beds specifically set aside for this service.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is flexible, has a positive approach to supporting people, someone who will work well as part of the small established team; as well as some lone working, to continue to develop the service. Staff should be committed to providing meaningful community involvement and share the values and principles of positive behavioural support.
You will be expected to support the service users in a person centred way, promoting the Trust values and vision. Good communication skills are essential, as well as recent experience of support planning and strengths-based risk assessment and management.
Previous experience of supporting people with learning difficulties and leading team working is essential.
- Registered Nurse qualification and active NMC pin number
- Strong leadership skills promoting good care practice
- Be able to deputise in the manager’s absence
- Flexible, motivated, innovative, creative, enthusiastic, committed to delivering a high quality service which places service users at the heart of the practice
- Good understanding of health conditions and promoting health management is desirable due to the varied needs of those referred to the service.
- Good communication skills
- Supervision of junior staff
- IT skills
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Employer funded health benefit scheme (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Tracy on 01179 619137.
To apply please complete the below application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
13 November 2018