To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Frampton Cotterell (CR)
87 Church Road
£8.79 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: EG31
Full and Part Time Hours Available – Flexible hours available
Shifts: Early 07.30-15.00, Mid 07.30-18.00, Late 14.30-22.00, Sleep-in 14.30-22.00-07.30-15.00, Waking Night 21.45-07.45
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at 87 Church road, Frampton Cotterell, with a basic of £8.79 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
87 Church Road is home to 4 ladies and 3 gentlemen who all have a learning disability with additional complex needs.
The ladies and gentlemen that live in the home are supported to make choices using a variety of communication styles and the staff who work with the ladies and gentlemen pride themselves in working in a person centred way.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic and can make a positive contribution to our team, also supporting the ladies and gentlemen with any health needs, personal care and accessing the community. You will be required to support all the ladies and gentlemen in activities, use your initiative and be creative.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication.
- Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is a preferred that staff are able to drive
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Rachel Barnes, Home Manager, on 01454 250028.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.