CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker / Care Assistant – Night Shifts - Winterbourne (FH)
Flaxpits House - Winterbourne
£8.79 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW29
37.5 hours per week, night shifts only
Flaxpits House is a residential home for younger people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs.
We are located in the village Winterbourne just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174).
We are currently looking for an Unsupervised Support Worker to join our team to work waking nights at our service. This opportunity may be ideal for people looking for night shifts to work around their busy lives.
This busy home supports 10 people to live their lives as independently as possible.
Our skilled staff team are support individuals with personal care, cooking, activities, access in the community and developing independent living skills. Flaxpits House supports some individuals to move on to supported living and independent living services. We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic people to join our team.
The successful candidates will:
- Be able to support people to participate in a wide range of social activities including reading, supporting people going to bed at their pace. In addition to this you will need to support with cleaning, administration tasks during night shifts.
- Be able to support people with their personal care and all aspects of their daily living, encouraging people to be as independent as they can be.
- Be a good communicator and able to give service users the emotional support they need
- Have strong person centred values
- Have a positive and cheerful attitude and be able to maintain this even at times of stress
- You will be working with another member of staff at all times while on night shifts. Shift times are 21:15 to 07:15
- Be flexible and able to attend training and team meetings during day bi-monthly
- We highly recommend a visit to the home prior to attending an interview.
Please contact Faz Holder (Acting Home Manager) on 01454 776191 for more information.
Alternatively, to apply for this role please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB). A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all
Registered Charity No. 294377
22 November 2018