CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Support Worker / Care Assistant - St George (ST)
£8.79 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW30
Full Time Hours 37.5 per week, part time hours considered
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Stibbs House, St George, Bristol with a basic of £8.79 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
Stibbs House is a registered care and nursing home offering respite care to men and women with learning disabilities, who normally live at home with parents/carers. We have 10 beds and currently cater for clients aged between 18 and 70 years old.
The accommodation is set up to be ideal for those with physical disabilities, being spacious and comfortable, with both a sensory room and garden also part of its make-up. We have a comprehensive selection of activity equipment to provide an interesting and stimulating environment and hope to have a snoezelan room installed in the near future.
The service users have varied care needs ranging from specialist nursing support through to individuals who exhibit challenging behaviours.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact the home on 01179619137.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB).A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
31 January 2019