CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Registered Nurse Team Leader – St George (ST)
£28,366 per annum + excellent benefits (pro rata for part time)
Job Ref: LW31
Full Time Hours 37.5 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nurse Team Leader to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia. Our service users have varied care needs ranging from specialist nursing support through to individuals who exhibit challenging behaviours.
Based at Stibbs House, St George, Bristol with a basic of £28,366 per annum + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through person centred care.
Stibbs House is a registered care and nursing home offering stimulating and supported breaks for people with learning disabilities. Service users come into Stibbs House for a planned regular stay or on an emergency basis and return to their family home after their break.
We have 10 beds and currently cater for clients aged between 18 and 70 years old. The accommodation is set up to be ideal for those with physical disabilities, being spacious and comfortable, with both a sensory room and garden also part of its make-up. We have a comprehensive selection of activity equipment to provide an interesting and stimulating environment and hope to have a snoezelan room installed in the near future.
We currently support approx. 60 people to access our services and regular short breaks. We work as a team and share the roles and responsibilities – which helps to keep the job interesting and develop our skills and experience in all aspects of care provision.
THE ROLE: As Registered Nurse Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the people supported receive professional, individualised support, with a commitment to ensuring support delivered is forward-thinking, either through your own efforts or those of your team.
- Ensuring that each service user has an up to date and agreed care plan which details interventions necessary; evaluating and reviewing care plans in line with policy.
- Taking responsibility for the day to day management of the home when on duty, in line with Trust policies and procedures and in accordance with national best practice standards and relevant codes of conduct.
This is an interesting and varied role, as we get to meet lots of new people with very varied support needs, and frequently have new people referred to our service.
YOU: The successful Nurse Team Leader will:
- Hold a Registered Nursing qualification with current NMC registration
- Effective time management and work prioritisation skills and the ability to manage competing demands in a positive and proactive manner
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders including families and carers
- Previous experience of working with this client group as a qualified nurse and able to demonstrate pro-active and creative thinking. RNLD qualification desirable but RNMH/RGN would be considered
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable and positively responsive to change
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact the home on 01179619137.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB).A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.