CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Housekeeper – Kingswood, Bristol (MORT)
£8.15 per hour
Job Ref: EG64
30 Hours per week, including some weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housekeeper to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Mortimer House is a 28 bedded Nursing Home providing care for people with Learning Disabilities, people with dementia and people who have acquired a brain injury. We support individuals who are facing the challenges of growing older.
We are looking to recruit a Housekeeper to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning all areas of the home including: bedrooms/ bathrooms/ kitchen/ laundry and an awareness of health and safety /COSHH is important
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Be caring and considerate
- Experience in housekeeping in a residential setting is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work well under pressure, both individually and as part of a team
What we can offer in return:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Josie Bolt, Home Manager on 01179619137
To apply for this position please complete the application form below.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
10 December 2018