CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Personal Assistant – Fishponds/Hillfields, Bristol
£8.79 per hour
Job Ref: EG65
12 hours per week (Week 1 = 10.5 hours, Week 2 = 13.5 hours)
Wednesdays 9.30am – 1.00pm
Thursdays 9.30am – 1.00pm
Saturdays 9.30am – 1.00pm
Alternate Sundays 9.30am – 12.30pm
We are seeking to recruit a Personal Assistant/Support Worker for an elderly gentleman with learning disabilities who lives on his own in a flat in the Fishponds/Hillfields area of Bristol. The successful applicant will be given medication training if not already med. competent and a car owner/driver is preferred. Mileage would be payable whilst supporting him.
Contracted hours are therefore 10.5 hours on week 1 and 13.5 hours on week 2 (in total this works out to be 12 hours per week).
These hours can vary slightly. Please enquire to discuss.
From our Service User himself “Hello, my name is D. I have got my own flat. I am retired. I like my flat and I like all my staff. I love shopping, going out in the day time and also meeting up with my friends. I love holidays, Christmas and animals. My favourite animals are elephants and I have lovely elephant wallpaper in my flat and lots of elephant ornaments!”
- Car owner/driver preferred
- Must be medication competent, or agree to doing competency assessment (training will be given)
- Ability to work in a very person-centred manner
What we can offer in return:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Paulina Bartlett, Project Coordinator, on 0117 9618633
To apply for this position please complete the application form below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
18 December 2018