CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Housekeeper - Kingswood (2a CR)
2a Court Road - Kingswood
£8.15 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: LW34
22 Hours per week - 4 days x 5.5 hours
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housekeeper to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at 2a Court Road, Kingswood, South Glos with a basic of £8.15 per hour + excellent benefits, we are looking to recruit a Housekeeper to join our fantastic team, to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the home whilst ensuring a safe, comfortable environment at all times for the people who live here.
2a Court Road provides support to 15 people with learning disabilities who, on occasions, can find life challenging. It is divided into 3 homes with 5 people living in each. We are here to support the residents as individuals and enable them to live the lives that they have chosen.
As a Housekeeper your duties may include:
- Carry out all cleaning duties in accordance with the homes cleaning schedule, completing documentation as required.
- Ensure that all areas are well presented and maintained in good condition.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
- To shampoo carpets as required.
- To clean all equipment used and report all damaged equipment to a manager
- To observe COSHH and other health & safety regulations including infection control.
- To attend relevant learning opportunities and team meetings when required
- Quote from a service user “I want my staff to friendly, caring and have a laugh with me”
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
YOU: The successful Housekeeper will:
- Have good communication skills both written and verbal
- Be caring and considerate
- Be flexible
- Having experience in housekeeping in a residential setting is desirable but not essential
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Tracy Cunningham on 0117 9618737.
Alternatively to apply for this role, please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
18 December 2018