CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Personal Assistant (Female Only) – Henleaze, Bristol
£8.79 per hour
Job Ref: EG67
** Female Only**
24 hours per week (3x16 hour shifts with sleep-ins over two weeks) will include weekend work on rotation
Holmes Grove is home to four elderly individuals with learning disabilities in the Henleaze area of Bristol. We provide a shared 24 hour service with sleep-ins to support tenants with daily living skills and to manage their finances, home and tenancies, plus additional 1:1 hours throughout the week to support people to access the community and to pursue their various interests.
Tenants at Holmes Grove have different abilities and independent skills and the team use person-centred approaches to support each individual to achieve their goals as set out in their support plans. Holmes Grove can be a very busy place to work so a calm nature and a positive attitude are essential.
The tenants of Holmes Grove are looking for someone who is:
If that sounds like you and you are also able and willing to:
- Work flexibly across the week including sleep-ins and some weekend work
- Support someone with all aspects of their life including medication and personal care
- Support with manual handling (training provided)
- Help with the general upkeep of the home
**Female staff only – This post fulfils the requirements of a Genuine Occupational Qualification and is therefore exempt under the Equality and Diversity Act 2010.
What we can offer in return:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Sean Dominic, Project Manager on 0117 970 9391.
To apply for this position please complete the application form below.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
25 January 2019