CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Cook - Winterbourne, South Glos (WER)
Watley's End Road
£9.66 per hour + excellent benefits
Job Ref: EG33
24hrs per week over 3 days.
The people living at Watleys End Rd are looking to recruit a cook to join their staff team. The home provides a 24 hour service that supports 14 adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs. Situated in Winterbourne the home is easily commutable from Bradley Stoke, Downend, Mangotsfield and Yate.
We are looking for a person who can cook good food to suit a variety of tastes. You will need to be calm, well organised and able to prepare meals on time. You will be enthusiastic about eating well and have some experience of catering for special diets and differing consistencies, though training is provided.
Service users are involved in making decisions about the day to day life of the home and are involved in choosing menus and cooking and baking.
- Ability to plan and cook a variety of meals to suit a variety of diets
- Good communication skills and ability to get on well with people
- Willingness to work flexibly to accommodate resident’s needs
- Basic IT skill to assist with ordering of food supplies
What we can offer in return:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Richard Sanders, Home Manager, on 01454 250232.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
To apply for this position please complete the application form below.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.