CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Assistant Team Leader – Winterbourne (FH) *INTERNAL ONLY*
£21,484 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Ref: EG71
Full Time Hours 37.5 per week
**INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Milestones Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 32 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Team Leader to join Milestones Trust at Flaxpits House, Winterbourne, Bristol.
Flaxpits House is a residential home for younger people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs.
We are located in the village Winterbourne just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174).
This busy home supports 10 people to live their lives as independently as possible. Our skilled staff team supports individuals with personal care, cooking, activities, access in the community and developing independent living skills. Flaxpits House supports some individuals to move on to supported living and independent living services. We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic people to join our team.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & private health care scheme (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
THE ROLE: As an Assistant Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support the Home Manager
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
- Managing the day to day operation of shifts in the absence of the Home Manager
- Ensuring service users are provided support according to their care plans and risk assessments and that these are updated when needed
- Supervising support staff by monitoring performance, offering guidance and support and conducting regular supervision
- Administering, ordering and storing medication according to Trust policies and procedures
YOU: The successful Assistant Team Leader will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Driver will be desirable
For more information about the role, please contact Faz Holder Home Manager on 01454 776191.
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below and return to: email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
14 January 2019