CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Dementia Registered Nurse – Kingswood, Bristol - Welcome Bonus of £1,500
£30,675 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Ref: EG63
2 x 27.5 hours per week posts available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Registered Nurses to work at Mortimer House: a purpose built Nursing Home for 28 individuals with learning difficulties who are facing the challenges of growing older complicated by physical disability or dementia.
Mortimer House is part of Milestones Trust, a charitable organisation which has been offering person-centred support to vulnerable people in and around Bristol for 32 years
Our Registered Nurses;
- Are responsible for the management and leadership of the home during their shifts, some weekend & sleep-in shifts included.
- Lead a large team of staff providing support and care, one-to-one support and activities.
- Ensure that on their shift service users receive care and support that is professional, personalised and safe, guided by Trust policy and relevant codes of conduct.
- Write and review plans for support and care which meet people’s personal needs and preferences, detail interventions as necessary and are useful guides and instructions for the staff team.
- Be a positive part of the team working to meet (and exceed) quality standards set by the organisation, CQC and funding authorities
The Successful candidate will:
- Be a registered nurse with at least one year’s experience in caring for people with Learning Disabilities and a current NMC registration.
- Be able to communicate easily and effectively with, service users, team members, families, members, carers and other professionals
- Have effective time management and work prioritisation skills and the ability to manage competing demands in a positive and proactive manner
- Be interested improving standards both by challenging established practice and by being flexible, adaptable team player responding positively to change
- Be able to work on their own initiative to plan and manage their own workload
In return we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- A supportive network of local trained registered managers
- A nurse development and revalidation service
- Up to 26 days’ holiday plus 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme
- Company health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to training to support your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Josie Bolt, Home Manager or Nigel Moore, Deputy Manager on 01179619137.
To apply for this position please complete the application form below.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377