CARE TO JOIN US
ON OUR JOURNEY?
To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
To view a list of our current vacancies click here.
Registered Home Manager– Kingswood, Bristol (MORT)
£36,243 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Ref: EG73
Full Time Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Due to an internal move an opportunity has arisen for a new Home Manager to take over Mortimer House in Kingswood. Mortimer House is a purpose built Nursing Home for 27 individuals with learning difficulties who are facing the challenges of growing older complicated by physical disability or dementia.
Mortimer House is part of Milestones Trust a charitable organisation which has been offering person-centred support to vulnerable people in and around Bristol for 32 years
The Registered Manager will:
- Foster a culture where service users enjoy the highest quality of life and staff enjoy to work
- Ensure that the service is delivered in a safe and personalised way and that service users are involved in planning and receiving their support
- Ensure that the home meets and exceeds quality standards set by the organisation, CQC and funding authorities
- Ensure that peoples health needs are met and that care is delivered according to current best practice
- Work to maximise and maintain good levels of occupancy
- Ensure good financial and budgetary management.
The Successful candidate will:
- Be a registered nurse with experience in caring for people with Learning Disabilities and current NMC registration.
- Have experience in leading, supervising and managing teams
- Be able to communicate easily and effectively with, service users, team members, families, members, carers and other professionals
- Be able to negotiate and agree achievable targets with senior management.
- Be able to work on their own initiative to plan and manage their own workload
In return we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- A supportive network of local trained registered managers
- A nurse development and revalidation service
- Up to 26 days’ holiday plus 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme
- Company health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to training to support your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Jon Green, Assistant Director on 0117 970 9315
To apply for this position please complete the application form below and return it to email@example.com
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
22 January 2019