To apply for this vacancy please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
Maintenance Technician – Swindon
£12.33 per hour
Job Ref: EG38
37.5 hours per week - Flexible, with some callouts
Abbey House is a 2 year old, purpose built, 73 bed Nursing and Residential care home in St Andrews Ridge, Swindon. We offer dedicated and expert care to residents aged over 65. Abbey House is designed over three floors, with each floor having a different specialism including dementia care and general nursing and older people’s care.
Our maintenance people are a key part of the team, ensuring that our residents and staff have a nice, homely and safe environment and we are seeking a new Maintenance Technician to join us.
At Abbey House you will ensure that the resident’s home is kept homely, well maintained and safe; controlling any contractors and completing all the relevant health and safety checks. In this important role you will get to know our residents and their families, and you will be able to involve them in helping you to maintain their home.
The maintenance responsibility includes decoration, heating and lighting, the overall fabric of the building and regular checks on the boiler and water systems. The role also entails driving and maintaining the home’s minibus.
Ability to work on your own initiative and work safely in an occupied environment is essential. Ideally, you will have experience of maintaining properties including plumbing, decorating and PAT testing. Qualifications in electrical work or plumbing would be a bonus.
In return for your dedication we will offer you full training and support.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- PC literate with experience of using Microsoft Office and email systems.
- Willing to learn new ways of working, pro-active and creative thinking.
- Proven experience working as maintenance technician in a Care Home, school or similar environment.
- Ability to work flexibly including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
What we can offer in return:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Cherie Smith, Home manager, on 01793 987730.
To apply for this position please complete the application form below.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees.
If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB)
A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment.
Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
24 January 2019